Silhouette Art Craft
As the season approaches for parties and parades, feasts and balls, many will begin to bring out some level of décor for the occasion. Maybe you favor a flag flying outdoors, a bright tablecloth, or an all out orgiastic display of hand-strung Krewe beads from years past. Whatever your style, consider a quick and easy wall piece to inject new color into this years’ festivities.
A canvas (any size you like)
Washi tape (purple, green and gold is preferable)
A Mardi Gras appropriate silhouette (a die cut or stencil will work)
- Begin by applying washi tape to your canvas. Apply in any manner you like; linear is easiest.
- Cover entirety of canvas.
- Place silhouette in desired location on canvas; trace around it using a pencil.
- Carefully apply paint to your canvas, taking care to keep the lines of your silhouette sharp.
- Apply additional coats of paint as needed to cover washi tape.
- Finish edges in tape of your choice.
- Hang and enjoy!
By: Candis Calvert